MySpace Backgrounds -->

Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas

WOW! There's only 5 days left until Christmas and you can sense that people are in the christmas gift rush, going from store to store trying to find that gift their child, friend, coworker, you name it wants. As I've never been much of a shopper, it was somewhat overwhelming to go out on saturday to find some christmas gifts. 5 hours later I had everything I needed to exchange gifts with my family. I'm more of a personal gift giver, so I enjoy creating gifts that you won't typical buy.

One of the thoughts that I have had during this Christmas season is how important it is to spend time with those you love. Everybody probably hears the Christmas phrases like "He's the reason for the season" and we may not think much of them, but if you take a minute to stop and really think, there's more to it than just a phrase. The real reason we celebrate Christmas is the birth of Jesus. With his birth, we were given the remarkable gift of eternal life and our lives were changed forever by His birth and later, His sacrifice. And so I ask you, has Christ really changed your life? Try to think of it in terms of those Christmas gifts you are shopping for. Is that what Christmas really is about? Getting the right gift? Or spending it in worship of fellowship celebrating the birth of our Savior.

My challenge to you this week is to celebrate Christmas for THE reason of Christ's birth and the special time you get to spend with those you love because Jesus Christ was born and reigns in our hearts.

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment